Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Even Grandpa Would Be Proud.... (I Think?)

Abby recently discovered ketchup.
Annie's Naturals Organic Ketchup, 24-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
And I'm not talking about a little squirt of ketchup on a hamburger. I'm talking puddles and pools of ketchup for just about everything (although I do draw the line at having ketchup with cereal, no matter how much she begs). Now, we really do see this as a good thing... she's trying new foods she otherwise wouldn't eat just because she can dip it in ketchup.

We keep telling her that Grandpa (and Nana) would be proud. My father is a know ketchup user. One of my clearest memories as a child is him piling gravy and horseradish and ketchup on his roast beef at Sunday dinner.  Or sour cream and fried onions and ketchup on his perogies. Or... well, you get my drift. He always ate every lick too.

So anyway...

::ahem::

Abby's latest ketchup taste sensation?

Mmmmm.... wait for it....

Deeeeeelicous red grapes dipped in ketchup.

Yum!

(She had three helpings.)

No comments:

Post a Comment