Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Ten Things

I recently finished this book, Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew. I had ordered it from Amazon awhile back, but only got around to reading it this past week. Wow. I think I will be reading it again in the near future. 
 
Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew 
 
If you have struggled to understand your kid on the spectrum, this book is for you. Even if you haven't, this book is for you. If you don't even have a kid on the spectrum, but think you might meet one someday, this book is for you. 
 
Ms. Notbohm draws on her own experience as a parent of a child on the spectrum to show you some fundamental truths about your own child. Some of them you probably intuitively knew. I found many I probably should have known but didn't. But instead of making you feel guilty about your own misunderstandings, she uplifts you and inspires you to do even better by your child. 
 
This is truly a book that makes you feel happy and secure as a parent again, and teaches you to regard your child in a whole light. It's so brilliant, it's almost blinding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment