I've been neglectful again. Sorry mom.
Life has been interesting. There's been much to think about, much to consider. More things to do than hours in the day!
1. We thought about moving. We actually looked at a couple of open houses. The thought of significantly increasing our mortgage literally made me physically ill. We're staying put for now, and we'll just have to have "less stuff" so we'll fit into our current space better. .
2. We took a long, hard look at our finances and our priorities. I've been thinking a lot about food banks, not because we need one, but because so many people do. Poverty really is a blight in our society. I've vowed to give more to the poor on a regular basis.
3. I'm trying to figure out how to intergrate the ideas of voluntary simplicity into our lives. I'll get back to you on that one.
4. I've actually gone 15 whole days without using my clothesdryer. But I'm running out of towels, and my family complains if those get dried on the clothesline...
5. I've been an active member trying to get a local food cooperative off the ground, and it's finally starting to come to fruition. It's exciting to be part of a project like this at the ground level.
6. Abby has learned a number of new words, and is doing wonderfully. We're starting to realize how much she's actually observing and understanding in her environment. Like when you wake up in the morning, and it's quarter to four, and your hear a knock at your door (and she actually starts knocking)...
7. My garden is in. I actually have two plots, one in my yard, and I snagged a vacant community garden plot at the last minute. Now we pray for rain.
So why is this post called "Empowerment"? Because all of these items are empowering on one level or another. They're something that makes me feel good about who I am, where I fit into this community, this world and this life. It's the realization that we make an impact. The knowledge that my child is improving and growing and learning and that we've made the right decision putting her in ABA. Knowing we can do things to help the environment. Seeing the potential of our own situation.
And now, as my brain slowly turns to mush, I'm going to bed. :)