Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beans and Rice

One thing about trying to save money... you eat a lot of beans and rice. We're Dave Ramsey fans, and he's a great advocate of the beans and rice diet to get out of debt. There's only one problem with that as far as I can see. My husband hates beans. He complains endlessly about them. He will actually skip a meal to get out of eating beans (I suppose that's another money saver). He will tolerate them if I pair them with meat, and while that helps stretch the meat it negates the whole "vegetarian meal" idea.

Fortunately, Abby (the two-year-old) and I love beans and rice. We would eat them nearly every day. I don't really have a point, except to complain about complaints. I'm done now.

I wanted to share a photo, just because I'm trying to learn to use this darn thing:



Aren't they sweet? Not likely to happen again.

1 comment:

  1. super sweet! back in our african days we ate loooots of beans n' rice. *smile*

    ...danielle

    ReplyDelete