Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Journey

I haven't been writing. 


Well, that's not accurate, I have been writing. Just not on the blog. I've been busy writing on Facebook, and Internet forums, and writing a book of sorts about money management. That one started as a project for a family member to tell them everything I wish someone had told us 10 years ago, and it kinda morphed from there. I've been writing out assignments for my kids and copywork for them to copy. I've been filling out forms. I've been writing the stories my kids dictate to me, to capture their beautiful, vivid imaginations in this moment of time. I've been writing emails and lots and lots and lots of texts. 

At the end of the day, I've been writing a lot of nothing. Which in my mind, equates to not writing. 

Why is it important that I write? Besides the fact that I can rarely form a coherent sentence these days, there is something immensely satisfying about writing that I don't get from any other medium. Part of that, I suppose, is because I'm such a visual person; there's something about seeing the words on a page that I find gratifying. Something that is beyond even what I feel when I play a sonata well on the piano. 

It's important that I write because it captures my life. Moments are quickly forgotten, and having this blog has proven invaluable for me to reflect on our journey. Details about Abby's illness that I've forgotten 10 years on (even when, as they occur, you don't think you'll ever forget them). Episodes in my children's lives that fade from memory. Reflections of my state of mind and soul at any particular moment. 

In short, it's all about the journey. 




No comments:

Post a Comment