Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Little Seizure Video

Many people have asked what Abby's seizures now look like. We've been trying to video-capture one, unsuccessfully I might add, for months now to show the neurologist. We finally captured one today!

The lighting is not great, so you can't see her eyes darting around. For those of you who know the "real-life Abby", you know it's not like her to sit still for so long!

We haven't seen a difference yet with the increase of nitrazepam (I've refused to consent to more VPA increases as we've seen pretty much bupkis for results thus far). I'm hoping for a med change sometime in the very near future.

Anyway, grab some popcorn and enjoy (and please just ignore the fact that I almost drop the camera about half way through the video)!


1 comment:

  1. Firstly...wow...she is SO beautiful!

    Nextly...that reminded me so much of Trevy's complex partials. Does she have cps? Or rather have the doctors called them that? A regular EEG didn't catch it with Trevy...it was only when we had the invasive EEG that they were captured. But I always knew it. Trileptal is supposedly good with cps as is Vigabatrin. I can hardly remember my own life...which is why I can't remember if she's already tried those two! Sorry. :) And do her eyes always dart to the right?

    Anyway...

    (((hugs)))

    Hang in there...

    ...d

    ReplyDelete