Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cheering Section

We love cheering in this house.

We need to be careful, however. Too enthusiastic of a cheer and it scares Abby and she starts to cry. :O Too little, and it loses it's effect.

Some little things to cheer about:

I was packing for us to come home from Capital City the other day. Abby came up to me, looked me square in the eye, and asked: "Car?".

I smiled. "Yes honey," I replied. "We will be going for a car ride."

"Car?" she asked again.

"Soon," I said. "I need to finish packing, then we're going to go for a car ride home."

" 'K," was the reply as she runs off to play.

A couple of days later, and I hear Abby and her tutor playing in the next room. I can tell from the interaction that they are putting pieces into the "Elmo and Abby" book.










Image courtesy of http://www.softplayforkids.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2406




"No, no," says the tutor. "Broccoli doesn't go there. The backpack goes there."

There is a short pause, and the tutor begins to laugh. "Oh Abby," she says, "you're so smart!"

Turns out she was trying to cram a piece of toy broccoli into the space where the backpack piece fits because there was a picture of a piece of broccoli in Cookie Monster's backpack!

Yeah! 2D to 3D matching, and we're not even at that program yet! She's such a smart cookie. :D

1 comment: